Monday, September 14, 2009

Surgeon General's Warnings

There are many things in life that people may find themselves addicted to. There are the common addictions such as caffeine and nicotine. However, the other addictions which are typically not chemically addictive provide much more of a threat to the average person. These include things such as: Qtips, clean sheets, fresh towels, chocolate chip cookies, fast cars, and shopping. These addictions are not sold behind the counter, and do not carry the Surgeon General's warning. By the time you realize you are addicted it's too late. You have already spent too much money, gained 50lbs, or had several speeding tickets. Now granted most do not read warning labels. I mean who really needs to know not use their iron in the bath tub. Who doesn't already know that paint should not be ingested. I have fallen into the trap of one of the not so obvious addictions: Blogging. Yesterday when I innocently started this blog I had no idea of the unshakable addiction I was beginning. I know that I am addicted to blogging because as soon as my eyes popped open this morning I began looking around my life and turning every mundane event into a potential blog. I looked around at my ordinary morning. Showering, eating breakfast, checking my e-mail, and gathering the necessary supplies to survive another day in first grade. After completing all these activities I was beginning to find myself in some what of a depressed state. Thinking to myself what will I post when I get home. Thinking that no person in their right mind would want to read about my addiction to blogging and how it has made me realize that my life is nothing to write about. Thinking that today's blog would simply be a quick complaint about how my life is nothing to blog about. But then just as I was resigning myself to blogging only about my lack of blogging material it happened. A flat tire. Now to the average non blogging person this would simply be a hassle to endure first thing on a Monday morning. But to me, a blogger, it was something out of the ordinary to write about. Well the first thing I did was call my loving husband, who as usual offered no help to my immediate crisis which was how do I get to work. I then called a friend I work with who lives only a short 5 minute drive away and she was on her way to pick me up. She delivered me to school only a few minutes late. The day was uneventful after that. I spent the rest of the day thinking about how I could break the news to all 2 of my blog readers about the flat tire. So, you may be thinking what is the point. Why has this blog gone on for what seems like 10 pages. I say all this to say that when initiating a blog there should be a pop up that says: Warning, blogging may cause one to spend many hours studying the day's happenings and pondering how they could be creatively typed in a way that would maintain a person's interest for 8 or more paragraphs.

1 comment:

  1. But you're just so much fun to listen to. And then you have those days where there are pigs or innocent ice machines.

    ReplyDelete