Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cinderella, Breaking Down, Grocery bagging, and Cookbooks

Let's just say that this weekend has been filled with lots of ups and downs and for that matter sideways, but not upside down. I woke up Saturday morning, relatively early for a Saturday, and began my drive to the happiest place on earth, Disneyworld. I was meeting some family that I had not seen in 10 years and was a little nervous and excited at the same time. I arrived found the appropriate transportation and met them in Hollywood Studios, formerly MGM. We spend the day riding rides, and catching up on lost time. It is always great to meet up with the sane side of the family. We really had a great time, and it was weird how much we had in common. We ended the night at Cinderella's castle. It was amazing. The food at the castle left something to be desired, but the atmosphere made up for that. I was like a 5 year old meeting the princess for the first time. I then returned them to their hotel and begin my "2 hour" trek back home to High Springs. I was almost home and my car decided it had had enough, and gave out 5 miles from my exit. Now I might not be the most attractive girl in the world, but I still found myself thinking of some 18 wheeler driver or a grizzly bear having me for their midnight snack. I even picture something or someone coming out of the woods, slicing the top of my car open and dragging me out the top by my ponytail. So as you can imagine I was pretty much freaking out. It was 1:30 in the morning, I had been up all day walking an unthinkable distance around Disney, and I was exhausted. As you can imagine I started freaking out. So immediately I call my husband. Now if you have been keeping up with my blog you might remember the flat tire incident. He again offered no help to my current predicament. I then call my dad. I know I have been married for 5 years and I still called my dad. Trust me I have already received the due criticism for this decision. However, he did have the most rational reasoning. I called FHP and they sent an officer to sit with me until the tow truck and Tyler arrived. After a 148.00 towing and a tongue lashing Tyler and I arrived home around 3. This morning I woke up pretty upset about the princess (my car not Cinderella) and was faced with what to do today. Church was pretty much out by the time I woke up. So I decided we would start working on our family cookbook by preparing some of the recipes and taking pictures. We picked 4. Pecan pie, chocolate decadence, cheese grits and shrimp etoufee. I was off to the store to pick up all the needed supplies and was out the checkout. Now I consider myself to be a great grocery patron. I always try to put my groceries on the belt in a way they can be easily packed without squishing the bread. I neatly put my groceries on the cart by squishiness and category and then you will never believe what happened. The girl starts reaching all around my neatly prepared groceries and throwing cans in with bread, Bisquick in with pie shells, and syrup in with eggs. It was a gruesome scene. Despite my night I managed to not say anything about it. I have now returned home and the recipes have been made, only a few tragedies. The pictures have been taken, and now on our way to what I hope will be a quiet dinner. In the mean time if you are feeling generous and would like to take me to work...just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment