Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Blog About Blogging

I have read many blogs in my time, and have often toyed with the idea of starting one. However, each time I have thought about beginning a blog I have asked myself a few simple questions which in turn have prevented me from starting one. 1. Who would care enough to read and potentially comment on a blog about my life? 2. After a day of teaching first graders (who at times can be very critical) am I up for the potential criticism I may find on my blog? and 3. What would I write about? But yet I find myself reading blogs from others whose lives I find much more mundane and uninteresting than I consider mine.
So here I am writing a blog.
When one begins a blog there is a certain pressure that comes. The pressure to entertain the reader is one I have never been good at. This pressure is only tripled for the first blog. When I read blogs the first entry has to be one of intrigue. I mean how many chances should a blogger get to be added to the favorites list and to be checked on daily. I by no means expect my blog to be found on Time's list of the top 25 blogs of 2009. However, I do wish to create somewhat of a modern day journal which at some point I can look back on and see what at a time I thought was important enough to sit down at my computer and blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment