Monday, September 21, 2009

It could happen to anyone

So I know all of you were sleepless last night wondering what would become of my car. Would I be selling my body to science to pay for the repairs? Well the answer is no. As it turns out there was some glitch with my gas gauge and I was simply out of gas...pauses for everyone to finish laughing. Now that you have all had your laugh for the day I would just like to say that I still consider this not my fault. I have never run out of gas before and my OCD doesn't let me get my car below 1/4 tank. Last night when I was traveling, my not to be trusted gas gauge was informing me that I had plenty of gas to get home. I have spent the majority of my day sharing this story with others. However, I always like to look at things in a positive light and have come up with 3 things that have come of this that have made my trouble and near death by grizzly bear or 18 wheeler driver all worth it.
1. I now who to call and who not to call while stranded on the side of the road. My first phone call will be to my friend who has a trailer with ramps. Had I known this before the incident I would have called her first. I now have made a full inventory of all friends who have trailers and other equipment that can help me while stranded on the side of the road.

2. Tyler and I, who have never been much for preventive maintenence for our cars have now put my car in for a full tune up, oil change, and whatever else they needto do to insure safe driving conditions for me.

3. Gas gauges are not to be trusted. My car will never again be below a half of a tank.

So anyway I think we have all learned a little something from this.

1 comment: