Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Homecoming!

This week is an exciting week at our school. Although I do try to convince my students that every week is exciting this week is especially exciting. This week is homecoming week. You know the week where each day has a theme and one gets to dress up with each daily theme. I do love this week. I think it is because when I was in high school I was far to unpopular and embarrassed to dress up with these preposterous themes. I received enough ridicule on a daily basis that I didn't want to add goofy outfits to the mix. Today was cowboy/camo day. I guess that they did both of these things just in case your Wranglers were in the wash. I truly enjoyed watching all my kids walk around in belt buckles and cowboy boots. They truly thought they owned the place. I also didn't even mind the joke "Where is -___________. Oh I didn't see you in your camo" Even though I did hear it at least 100 times today and it is possibly the worst joke ever uttered. Well anyway I am now getting to relive those dress up days and I am loving every moment. I am very thankful for my finally discovered self esteem that lets me walk around with boots on and a handkerchief hanging out of my back pocket without listening for laughter coming from corners. Now if only come Friday morning there was a huge mum with long ribbons this week would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment