Thursday, October 15, 2009

California

After finally arriving in LA this morning at 2:00 local time 5:00 eastern time I was shuttled to the hotel where I had a short nap and then it was time to begin exploring. First, we went to Roscoe's were we had fried chicken and waffles for breakfast. Starting your day with such a great combo leaves one with high expectations for the rest of the day. We then took a series of trains and subways to Hollywood. We went to the Chinese theater, the walk of stars, the wax museum, and saw lots of interesting people. We also visited Sunset Blvd. and Chinatown. And now after another confusing progression of trains and subways I am enjoying resting my feet in the hotel for a little while before we tackle Long Beach. Katie is off somewhere with her engineering friends (who I do not have enough intelligence to hang with), but I will be spending the day with her tomorrow. So after a long day of seeing many of California's most famous spots I find myself trying to tackle a blog. I thought that I would share with you a list that I created all day that may be more interesting than me describing famous hot spots. So here it goes:

The Top Ten People I Do Not Want to be in California (if you are one of these I am not saying it is bad, I am just saying it is not for me)

1. A senior citizen screaming at a teenager through the subway station about his missing pot (not the kind you cook with)
2. A person living under the tram overpass
3. A person selling burritos out of a white van
4. A person eating a burrito purchased out of a white van
5. A person wearing thigh high leather boots going to a casting for Gotham something at Universal Studios
6. A person sleeping (or maybe dead) on a pile of trash bags in the subway station
7. Anyone without a metro pass determined to walk the city
8. Someone paying 1 dollar to have my picture made with a 90 year old man in a faded Spiderman outfit
9. A 90 year old man having children pay a dollar to have their picture made with me in a faded Spiderman outfit
10. A tiny woman peddling my house cleaning services on Hollywood Blvd.

All in all it was a very interesting and eventful day. Although I don't know that I appreciated it all because I had already walked 1000 miles before arriving at some of my destinations. Also I am confused why maps are such a rare commodity around this place. It seems with a city this large and so many tourists there would be people peddling maps all over the place. But I guess the house cleaning industry and botox (yes you can get it done in seconds) keeps everyone in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment