Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fall

Today is what I call a good fall day. I woke up this morning at 6. That left me with lots of hours of productivity. I went yard saleing with a friend and found some cool buys. I don't love shopping in people's driveways and garages but it is a great time to people watch. There is such a range of people are yard sales. Next we were on a mission to find a Halloween costume for myself and her son. My costume has to be from a book so we were racking our brains for an easy book character. I decided I wanted to be the cat and the fiddle so we stop by a costume store and picked up ears and a tail. We were then in need of a fiddle. We called many stores looking for a fiddle. Well as you guessed a fiddle is not an easy thing to come by. We then stopped by Goodwill and you will never guess it....a fiddle...an iron fiddle just sitting there. So we swooped that up and we were then off to one of my favorite places that I rarely visit...Sam's. I really have no need to buy things in bulk, but I think it is a passion handed down from generation to generation. My dad will be the first person to buy a gallon of sour cream or a case of peppermint Mentos. We then went and picked up my friend's son and friend's daughter and were off to a fall festival. I have been to a lot of fall festivals. This one was not incredibly huge, but I was impressed by the spread of food. Which when you don't have kids of your own what else are you really looking for at a fall festival. Now we are sitting watching Alabama make some huge mistakes. I have had to quarantine myself to the game room because I can watch. But we pulled it out. And who says there is no such thing as miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment